With this guide, we aim to help you Download Google Home App for PC and Laptop. The method shared in this article consists of different parts so, we suggest you go through them step by step and achieve your lifestyle goal with Google Home.
Google Home is smart speaker which acts as an assistant using which you can control your entire home be it from Music, Lights. Google Home users can enjoy music, news, receive updates, talk to the device using a virtual assistant (Google Assistance) and control smart home appliances (Speakers, Lights, Cameras, etc).
To get Google Home Device working, you need to download and configure the mobile application. Once synchronized, you can control your entire home with your voice commands and it’s pretty easy too. So, if you want to manage and control your Google Home Device, you need to Install Google Home App on PC.
We have covered everything you need to know about the installation and configuration for personal computers, in this guide.
- 1 System Requirements To Install Google Home on PC Windows/Mac
- 2 How To Download Google Home App for PC, Laptop
- 3 How To Connect Google Home with Windows 10, 8.1, 7 PC
- 4 How To Setup Google Assistant for Google Home on PC
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Conclusion
System Requirements To Install Google Home on PC Windows/Mac
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (or) Windows 10 (0r) Mac OS X
- Storage Space: 4GB
- RAM: 2GB
- Processor: Works on all type of processors but it’s always suggested to have at least AMD (1,001) or Intel Core i3.
- Software: Android Emulator
- Device: PC, Laptop, Desktop, Computer
- Access: Admin access to your pc
How To Download Google Home App for PC, Laptop
It’s highly recommended to go through the section wise instructions shared below to achieve installing google home on pc and laptop. Since you cannot directly install google home app on your pc or laptop, you need to first download a third party app player such as Bluestacks or Nox.
You can check out the detailed guide to Install Nox Android Emulator on PC.
With Bluestacks, you can install google home app on windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or any other pc such as Mac and Linux as well.
Check out the installation instructions first.
- Open any web browser on your windows or mac computer (Google Chrome recommended).
- Go to the official website of bluestacks.
- Download the latest version of bluestacks app player for your windows or mac computer.
- Go to the file location, where bluestacks is saved on your pc.
- Double click the bluestacks software and go through few on-screen instructions finish installing bluestacks on your pc.
- Open bluestacks after it’s installation and open Google Play app which is pre-installed in the emulator.
- Sign In with your Google Account (Gmail ID) to start using the Google Play Services on your PC via bluestacks.
- After successful login, search for the Google Home app in Play Store.
- Hit Install once you find the application developed by Google LLC.
- Installation on Google Home on your Windows depends up on the system requirements and speed of the internet connection.
- You will receive a notification from Bluestacks after successful installation. Then you can go to All Apps section where you can find all the applications that you have installed on your pc using bluestacks.
This is the easiest method in the internet to Download Google Home App for PC and Laptop. That’s not enough, you have to integrate Google Home and other compatible smart devices with Google Home App on Windows PC or Laptop to start using them without any flaws.
How To Connect Google Home with Windows 10, 8.1, 7 PC
You have installed the app but you need to connect google home to pc or laptop to start using it. The fact is that, you won’t be able to enjoy all features of google home app that you get on your android or iPhone since it’s not a pc app.
But you can still enjoy handful of features of google home device and google home app on your windows and mac as well. Okay, let’s talk how you can actually add google home to windows 10 connected devices list.
- Plug your Google Home to power and make sure the wifi settings are turned on.
- Also, turn on the wifi settings on the devices which are compatible with Google Home App. So that you can connect all those devices to your Windows pc using the google home app.
- Open Bluestacks App Player on your computer and open up the Google Home App.
- Since you have turned on Wifi on Google Home Device, the Google Home app on your pc will show the device under available devices to establish connection.
- Along with the Google Home Device, all other compatible devices will also get listed on your pc inside the app.
- Connect Google Home and Sync to via Google Home app on your PC/Laptop.
- Then, you will be asked a few questions while setting up Google Home on PC. Choose your Location, Where is the device?, etc.
Once you have connected the Google Home device to PC using Google Home app, you need to Setup Google Assistant and Activate Voice Match on your PC.
How To Setup Google Assistant for Google Home on PC
We have shared few tips for you to get started with the google assistant on your pc.
- Tap “I Agree” at the voice match screen on google home app on your pc while setting up.
- Hit “No Thanks” under Get personal results with your voice. Otherwise, google home will always listen to you and suggest you unnecessary tips while you are around in your home. You may learn more about it here.
- You may have to enter your address in the next screen.
- Under “Link Music Services”, you can add your favorite music streaming services such as Spotify, Youtube Music, Google Play Music, Deezer, etc.
- On the next screen, you can also link your favorite video streaming service such as Netflix, Stan, etc.
- You may now Sign Up for the updates to Google’s Hardware products and related stuff. Otherwise, you can also skip this step.
- That’s it, you are almost ready to use the Google Home from your PC this way.
Now, Google Assistant will show you some commands to practice, you may skip or go through them if this is the first time for you.
Google Assistant Voice Commands for Google Home
Just start with “Ok Google” and say any of the commands listed below.
“Play some music”
“Set the volume to 70%”
“Hey Google, play some music from Spotify”
“Hey Google, skip this track”
You may also say “Hey Google” instead of Ok Google and say the voice commands to get the job done. No matter which pc you are using, you can say this commands to google assistant anytime.
Supported Devices & Operating Systems for Google Home
- All Windows versions such as Windows XP, Vista to Windows 7, 8.1, 10.
- All Linux Versions such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Kubuntu, Arch Linux, Manjaro, etc.
- Mac and it’s versions such as Mavericks, Yosemite, EI Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a Google Home app for pc?
Google Home App is developed for Android and iOS devices and it’s not yet developed for personal computers.
3. Is there a Google Home app for windows 10?
Google Home Mini can be linked to Windows 10 with bluetooth but there is not dedicated app released for windows yet.
2. Where to get Google Home app for pc?
You can download and install Google Home app on your pc and laptop from Google Play itself but by using the Android Emulator. Bluestacks is the best app player which makes your job easier in this case.
3. Where is the Google Home icon on pc?
If you have installed google home app using bluestacks app player on your pc, you can find the app by it’s icon under “All Apps” section.
4. How to control PC with Google Home?
Turn on Wifi/Bluetooth on your pc and connect your pc to Google Home device using Google Home application on your phone. This way, you can control your personal computer and it’s easy as well.
Google Home App for PC will definitely help you increase your productivity. You can control all your smart devices right from your personal computer and while working for the office or your own business. You don’t have to always look for your phone to talk to Google Assistant.
On the other hand, you could actually control everything right from your personal computer with Google Home app on windows 10, 8.1, 7 and mac laptop.
Let’s say for example you are on a phone call and you want to turn off the lights in your room. You can’t actually talk to Google Home since you are busy on phone and you can’t even go ahead with a gesture command on your phone in such a situation.
So, downloading Google Home Apk for PC and installing it using bluestacks will help you handle such situations easily. I hope you understand the basic concept of using google home on your laptop and how easily you can do it.